Open call for makers and volunteers.
Deadline extended!! Dec. 14th
Maker Faire Austin Pop Up at the Bullock Texas State History Museum
Create, invent, play, and explore with local makers and found objects at the Maker Faire Austin Pop Up at the Bullock Texas State History Museum from December 28th to December 30th. The whole family will enjoy making and gaming inspired by the Bullock’s exhibit Pong to Pokemon: The Evolution of Electronic Gaming. The Maker Faire Austin Pop Up at the Bullock Texas State History Museum is presented in partnership with Maker Faire Austin and Bullock Texas State History Museum. Free with museum admission. The Deadline to apply is Dec. 14th 2017.
Don’t have a project, but want to volunteer? Click Here!
We are looking for Makers, Projects, Groups, or Activities with the following criteria:
- Related to electronic or table top games, and inspired by Pong to Pokemon: The Evolution of Electronic Gaming.
- Hands-on or interactive activities that can serve several people at a time.
- Family Friendly and fun for a number of age ranges.
- We need you! Your Booth or project should be facilitated at all times. To apply your exhibit or project must be able to be staffed for at least ONE full day of the three days available, from 8:30am to 5:30 pm. More information about this is in the application.
- Accommodate up to 500 people per day. This number is an estimate to help you plan materials, staffing and such. If it makes you nervous, apply anyway and communicate what you need to accomplish this in your application. We are here to help!
- You will need to provide all supplies, tech, and A.V for your exhibit or project. We will be supplying a 10′ x 8′ booth with 1 table, 2 chairs, and electricity . If you need more space, more table or chairs, or are uncertain if you can come up with enough supplies, apply anyhow. Use the space in the application to describe what you need
- NO FIRE ALLOWED!! We consider it a badge of honor that we are one of the few events around that even have a need to say this. You have a fire project, bring it to the big Faire in May! If you have questions about this go ahead and apply, there is more information there!
- The Museum will be providing passes and a T-shirt for makers who participate, and a T-Shirt for Volunteers as a thank you.
We are also looking for Volunteers to help staff the event and help the exhibits and projects.