The program has reached budget and is full. Please read on to learn about the program and sign up below to be contacted if additional funds become available, and to be contacted for 2019.
If you are interested in attending our Regional Maker Education Summit Click Here.
Please read about the program and sign up below.
Through a private contribution, and matching discounted tickets from the Faire, we are excited to provide the resources to bring students to Maker Faire Austin. Our primary goal is to improve our community’s ability to participate in and attend our event, making a more inclusive Austin. This application is by invitation only. We will evaluate each application based on our criteria and then on a first come first serve basis.
Our criteria covers the following:
- We want to extend this offer to title 1 schools, military families, and Non-Traditional schools and organizations that meet title 1 criteria first, and to other groups after, as funds allow.
- Organizations and groups with an emphasis on STEM, and STEAM education.
- The ability to organize and administer the program, including getting the word out, the collection of permission slips, ability to provide or arrange for transportation, and the ability to help Maker Faire Austin navigate any of the administrative requirements of your school or group.
We are able to cover the costs of the following:
- Single day tickets for up to 40 students, per group (k-12) to the Faire.
- Single day tickets for the organizer and chaperones.
- School bus preferred. We can not cover the cost of personal vehicles, and may not be able to cover the cost of chartered private vehicles.
- Stipend for the teacher organizer.
- If you are a teacher organizing the trip, we are offering a $100 stipend for your time.
- Teachers have a lot on there plate. If you are a PTO, club, or parent organizer we are unable to provide this benefit, but hope the other benefits more than make up for you donation of time.
Please fill out and submit the form below.